Payroll & Human Resources Coordinator
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Payroll & Human Resources Coordinator
Classification: Hourly non-exempt; full time
Reports to: Director of Finance & Human Resources
Salary & Benefits: $25-30/hr, commensurate with experience
Location: Corporate HQ, SE Portland, OR with occasional on-site event work in the Portland metro area.
True West LLC is in search of a skilled payroll and human resources coordinator to join our growing team of professionals. True West has an excellent reputation in the Pacific Northwest for coordinating, producing, and promoting a variety of concerts, music festivals, and events throughout Oregon and Washington. As our company continues to expand and provide services to more locations and events than ever before, we wish to fortify our accounting and HR department to handle our ever-growing operations and revenue streams.
The Payroll & Human Resources Coordinator will report directly to and work closely with our Director of Finance to execute day to day functions in the areas of human resources: payroll preparation, benefits coordination, updating and creating handbooks and policies, employee onboarding, and more. This position will support and be responsible for many payroll functions and act as the organization’s point-of-contact for all payroll and HR concerns, and will act as hiring manager for staffing our larger outdoor events during our busy summer season. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wishes to work in a modern, fun work environment with a dedicated, close knit team who are committed to the vision, values and mission of the organization.
True West Payroll & Human Resources Coordinator Duties
● Employee onboarding and training in our various time clock and payroll modules, and company procedures. This position acts as the first administrative point of contact for incoming staff joining our company.
● Creating and maintaining job descriptions and duties for all roles within the company
● Updating new hire paperwork forms and packets as needed
● Updating handbook policies as needed
● Time clock review, tip pool calculation, and payroll preparation on a bimonthly payroll schedule.
● Recruiting and hiring staff for our outdoor summer events, conducting interviews
● Administration of the OregonSaves retirement savings plan - enrollment, notifying the accounting team of updates to employee rates and their enrollment, and tracking who is eligible and when they may participate. Provides guidance and support for employees navigating this benefit.
● Unemployment administration - new hire reporting, child support notices, responding to state unemployment notices, and assisting employees with unemployment benefits enrollment as needed. Keeping informed of possible programs that may benefit the company, such as WorkShare.
● Health insurance benefits coordination & open enrollment, COBRA notification and administration for outgoing employees.
● Staying up-to-date on employment laws regarding common HR concerns, including state/local benefits and sick pay requirements, minimum wage updates, COVID restrictions, FMLA leave, etc.
● Advising and assisting management with sensitive human resources discussions and termination procedures
● Assist in managing workers’ compensation injury claims. Filing claims with insurance, maintain incident records, and monitor progress of claim
● Encouraging and supporting our staff by bridging the gap between the company’s mission and individual employee interests, organizing occasional staff meetings and team-building events
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Skills:
● Associates Degree in accounting or at least 1-2 years previous Payroll, Human Resources, Job Recruitment, Labor Relations, or Benefits Administration experience
● Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to broach sensitive subjects and maintain confidentiality with both staff and management
● Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
● Ability to meet deadlines and maintain attention to detail
● Exhibit extraordinary discretion, confidentiality, and flexibility
● Trustworthy and ethical with strong references
● Solid working knowledge using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google cloud-based office programs, with the ability to learn new software programs quickly. Experience with ADP payroll software and/or Quickbooks a plus
● Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
● A pre-employment background and credit history check will be required.
Compensation and Benefits
● $25-$30 hourly rate, commensurate with experience
● Health and dental insurance, employer pays 50%
● 3 weeks paid vacation time, increases to 4 weeks on anniversary date
● Flexibility to work from home when possible (must be discussed and approved by mgmt)
● Ability to contribute to Roth IRA
● Free entry for you and a guest to virtually all of our concerts and events (some exceptions apply)
Special Working Conditions:
General office environment with remote work flexibility when approved, as well as occasional on-site accounting support in the field.. Work within an office setting is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 15% of the time. Work within an event site setting is mostly confined to the on-site production office, with standing and walking required intermittently up to 50% of the time.
Limited. Must be responsible for own transportation to and from work and occasionally, our outside event sites in the Portland area. There will be minimal travel between local Company locations on an
True West is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Must be able to legally work in the U.S.